DSpace is the software of choice for academic, non-profit, and commercial organizations building open digital repositories. It is free and easy to install “out of the box” and completely customizable to fit the needs of any organization.
DSpace preserves and enables easy and open access to all types of digital content including text, images, moving images, mpegs and data sets. And with an ever-growing community of developers, committed to continuously expanding and improving the software, each DSpace installation benefits from the next.
Why use DSpace? Top Reasons to Use DSpace
- Largest community of users and developers worldwide”
- Free open source software”
- Completely customizable to fit needs
- Used by educational, government, private and commercial institutions
- Can be installed out of the box
- Can manage and preserve all types of digital content
Looks like the ideal content manager allowing delegated management. Really worth looking at!
For more information see video: http://www.dspace.org/introducing/dspace-video